1. Social Protection Expenditure refers to the government's efforts to reduce the risk or burden of the family or individual suffering from old age, physical and mental disabilities, bereaved, disease and health, childbirth, family and child, unemployment, occupational injury, housing, and others. All people have access to health and minimum living security. In order to show the general situation of China's social security, the Office of the Comptroller of the Executive Yuan compiled the social security expenditure statistics from 102 to 106 in accordance with the International Labour Organization (ILO) Social Security Inquiry (SSI) manual, covering the government. A social security program that is regulated or enforced.
Second, 106 important statistical results
(1) In 2006, the scale of social security expenditure in China was 2 trillion yuan, an increase of 173.2 billion yuan (up 9.5%) from 105 years; the proportion of GDP was 11.4%, an increase of 0.7 percentage points; the average person was 85,000 yuan, an increase of 7,221 yuan. . As for the major expenditure items, social benefits have been large, accounting for 1.97 billion yuan (98.6%) in 106 years, an increase of 171.7 billion yuan or 9.5% over 105 years; administrative expenses and other expenditures of 28.7 billion yuan ( Accounted for 1.4%), an increase of 1.5 billion yuan.
(2) Social payment can be differentiated according to the type of payment, the type of plan and the function, among which:
1. According to the payment type, it can be divided into cash payment and in-kind payment. In 106 years, cash payment was 11.13 billion yuan (57.5%), an increase of 8.8%, and physical payment was 839.6 billion yuan (42.5%), which increased by 10.6. %.
2. According to the type of planning, it can be divided into two categories: social insurance, social assistance and welfare services. In 106 years, social insurance paid 1.16 trillion yuan (84.1%), an increase of 8.2%; social assistance and welfare services 31.43 billion Yuan (accounting for 15.9%) increased by 17.3%.
3. According to the function, it can be divided into 10 categories: seniority, physical and mental disorders, bereaved, disease and health, childbirth, family and children, unemployment, occupational injury, housing and others, including the age of 1 3.8 billion yuan. 50.8% was the most, followed by disease and health of 630.9 billion yuan, accounting for 32.0%, which together accounted for nearly 80.3%, and the remaining functions accounted for less than 6%. Compared with 105 years, the old-age payment increased by 97.5 billion yuan (up 10.8%), the residential payment increased by 38.1 billion yuan (2.1 times), and the disease and health payment increased by 32.4 billion yuan (5.4%). The rest of the functions were increased in addition to a small decrease in fertility, occupational injuries and physical and mental impairment.
III. Overview of changes in the past 5 years
(1) The scale of social security expenditure increased from 1,164.7 billion yuan in 102 years to 2,3 billion yuan in 106 years, an average annual increase of 5.1%; the proportion of GDP is between 10.2% and 11.4%; the average per person is 70,000. Yuan increased to 85,000 yuan.
(2) Among social security expenditures, social benefits accounted for more than 98%, and the size of 106 years reached 1.79 billion yuan, an average annual increase of 5.1% compared with 102 years.
1. According to the payment type, the cash payment ratio of the income redistribution effect exceeds the physical payment, and the average annual increase of 5.6% in 4 years is also higher than 4.5% of the in-kind payment, resulting in an increase of 56.4% in cash payment. To 57.5%.
2. According to the plan type, the social insurance plan is the majority, and the average annual increase of 5.5% in 4 years is 2% higher than that of social assistance and welfare services, accounting for 84.1% in 106 years.
3. According to the function, it is the largest in age, and has been more than half since 105, followed by disease and health, accounting for 1/3, with an average annual growth rate of 6.1% and 4.6%; average annual growth rate The top one is the birth benefit, which is 6.5%, mainly due to the amendment of the 103-year labor insurance regulations and the relaxation of the payment standard. The average annual occupational injury is reduced by 1.4%, which is due to the reduction in the effectiveness of workplace disaster reduction in recent years, resulting in a decrease in related payments.
Source: Director General Of Budjet, Accounting and Statics, Executive Yaun R.O.C (Taiwan)