The event will also welcome security & privacy expert, Mikko Hypponen, as Keynote Speaker
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 29, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Today, Black Hat Asia, the world’s leading provider of information security events, announces Keynote and Briefings highlights for its upcoming event in Singapore. The event offers a week of immersive Briefings, hands-on Trainings, a Business Hall showcasing the industry’s latest solutions, and a collection of special programs that span topics critical for those working from practitioner to executive levels, the wider InfoSec community, and more.
Black Hat Asia will take place March 26-29, 2019 at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. For more information and to save S$200 on registration prices by March 22, please visit: blackhat.com/asia-19/
Highlights from the first-round of Black Hat Asia 2019 Briefings include:
- A talk revealing new variants of Meltdown and Spectre, the attacks that sent shockwaves across the globe when they exposed critical data in everything ranging from mobile devices, personal computers, and the cloud.
- A cryptography talk that will unearth a previously patched vulnerability in a major HTTPS implementation, as well as how a Cisco ASA CVE can reveal sensitive data, such as session cookies to a network-based attacker.
- Research exposing flaws in the Windows operating system through the use of control-flow hijacking in the presence of Intel’s Control-Flow Enforcement Technology; and a Briefing exposing Apple’s operating system via booting a custom firmware image on an iOS device.
- Vulnerabilities found across Microsoft Office features – including a demo on how to abuse Word documents to gain access to sensitive information, create phishing documents for credential harvesting, and bypass Microsoft’s most recent security features.
- A deep dive into attacking radio-frequency (RF) remote controllers – used in the manufacturing, construction, transportation, and other industrial applications – to implement sabotage, injury, theft, and extortion.
Mikko Hypponen – Security & Privacy Expert
Hypponen has dedicated his career to combatting security threats, tracking online crime for nearly three decades and sharing his work with the world – including his creation of Hypponen law, which states, “whenever an appliance is described as being ‘smart,’ it’s vulnerable.” Serving as Chief Research Officer for F-Secure, he is a widely regarded security expert whose research has been featured in The New York Times, Wired and Scientific American, and more. He is a sought-after speaker, having lectured at the universities of Oxford, Stanford, and Cambridge – Hypponen’s TED Talk has been seen by 1.5 million people and translated to 40 languages. In addition to his ongoing research, Hypponen also serves as curator for the Malware Museum at the Internet Archive.
To see the current 2019 program lineup and to view presentation abstracts, visit: blackhat.com/asia-19/
NEW! Black Hat Asia 2019 Executive Summit
On Wednesday, March 27, Asia’s brightest security executives will attend this newly crafted event aimed towards security leaders and forward thinkers. Participants will hear from a variety of industry experts who are helping to shape the next generation of InfoSec strategy. The Executive Summit follows Chatham House Rule in an effort to foster an open and collaborative environment. To learn more, please visit: blackhat.com/asia-19/
Classroom-Style Courses – Black Hat Trainings
Prior to the Briefings, Black Hat Asia will offer four days of deeply technical, hands-on Training courses led by the some of the brightest minds in the industry. This year’s Trainings will span topics covering infrastructure hacking, pentesting, malware analysis, SDR, and more. For information on the lineup and to save S$300 on the course(s) of your choice by March 22, please visit: blackhat.com/asia-19/
Live Demos – Black Hat Arsenal: Tools Announced!
Black Hat Arsenal will return to Singapore with its highly popular tool and demo area, showcasing the hottest developments from the open-source community. For more information on Arsenal and to see which tools have been selected this year, visit: blackhat.com/asia-19/arsenal/
Black Hat Asia Sponsors
Top sponsors of Black Hat Asia 2019 include Diamond Sponsors: Infoblox, Tenable; Platinum Sponsors: PolySwarm, Qualys; and Gold: Anomali. For more information on sponsorship opportunities and to see the full list of participating companies, visit: blackhat.com/asia-19/
Connect with Black Hat (#BlackHat)
Future Black Hat Dates and Events
- Black Hat USA 2019, Las Vegas, Nevada, August 3-8, 2019
- Black Hat Europe 2019, London, England, December 3-6, 2019
About Black Hat
For more than 20 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia. More information is available at: blackhat.com. Black Hat is organized by UBM, which in June 2018 combined with Informa PLC to become a leading B2B information services group and the largest B2B Events organizer in the world.
Black Hat PR