Chunghwa Telecom Co., the largest telecommunications provider in Taiwan, has recovered most of its landline and broadband services that were cut off due to damage caused by Typhoon Meranti last week, the company said Tuesday.
The recovery had as of the previous day covered nearly 90 percent of the affected landline users and 96 percent of broadband users in southern Taiwan cities and counties, including Tainan, Kaohsiung, Pingtung County, Penghu County and Kinmen County, according to Chunghwa Telecom.
It said the rest of the repair work was expected to be completed Tuesday.
Typhoon Meranti battered southern Taiwan Sept. 14 with strong wind and torrential rain, causing one death and dozens injured, huge agricultural losses and damage to public facilities.
Source: Focus Taiwan News Channel