The Bank continued to implement foreign exchange liberalization, internationalized established policies and promote the sound development of foreign exchange business. In January 2008, it licensed or opened the following businesses:
1. Yushan Bank issues foreign currency transferable time deposit certificates.
2. Taipei Fubon Bank commenced the business of foreign currency principal-linked foreign currency exchange rate option and foreign currency equity option redeemable structured commodity (guaranteed type).
3. Taiwan Morgan Stanley Securities Co., Ltd. handles foreign currency-denominated international bond underwriting business.
4. Yuanda Securities Co., Ltd. handles the spot foreign exchange trading business related to the securities business.
5. Franklin Securities Investment Consulting Co., Ltd. handles foreign currency discretionary investment in foreign currency securities business.
6. As of the end of January, the cumulative number of designated bankers was 3,444, including 3,406 domestic banks (including 38 head offices and 3,368 branches), 3 land banks and 35 foreign banks.
Source: Central Bank Of the Republic Of China (Taiwan)