Taipei, Taiwanese film director Doze Niu (???) was released on bail of NT$1.5 million (US$48,556) Monday after being questioned over allegations of sexual assault of a female worker on his latest film, "Pao Ma."
Niu went to the Taipei District Prosecutors Office for questioning and was later released on bail for sexual offenses.
The prosecutors also decided to ban him from leaving the country.
The alleged assault happened last month following a meeting at Niu's home in Taipei when other guests had left, according to a United Daily News report.
The alleged victim went to a hospital immediately after the alleged assault to establish proof, and the hospital confirmed her injuries, according to the report.
After questioning, Niu told reporters that he would cooperate with the authorities with the investigation into his case and will take full responsibility for his actions.
Saying that he has never meant to hurt or coerce anyone in his life, Niu argued that it could be a "misunderstanding."
He said he would fully cooperate with the investigation.
The director complained that he has already received the severest possible punishment in the court of public opinion.
"I've been sentenced to the death penalty. Doze Niu is already dead," he said, commenting on how the infuriated public has perceived the case.
Source: Focus Taiwan News Channels