The Ombudsman issued a press release to correct the Ministry of Economic Affairs and the Executive Yuan's major changes in the nuclear industry, resulting in waste of resources, energy transformation has not been fully assessed, and the impact of electricity prices has not been specified, as well as the issue of replacing the power gap caused by firepower in recent years. In the case of the change correction case, the Ministry of Economic Affairs emphasized that the investigation committee had fully explained to the supervisory committee, but the Ministry of Economic Affairs deeply regretted that the supervision institute still corrected the investigation report.
The Ministry of Economic Affairs reaffirmed and explained the following issues regarding the corrective opinions and review of the improvements of the JISC:
1. The pragmatic assessment plan for power generation structure can ensure stable power supply and air pollution reduction:
(1) The power generation structure (gas) for the supervision institute alleged in 2025 50%, coalfired 30%, and renewable energy 20%) Without a complete assessment, the goal of energy transformation policy, through pragmatic assessment planning, the relevant work is currently underway, and the Ministry of Economic Affairs has confidence.
(2) Since the power supply has not been relighted since June last year, the power supply has gradually stabilized. From this year, the reserve capacity rate can reach 10% and the reserve capacity rate is 15%. This is equivalent to 6 large gas units that can respond to unit failures and overhauls to ensure stable power supply. People can rest assured that enterprises can invest with peace of mind.
(3) There will be no new expansion of coalfired units by 2025. Through the transformation of lowcarbon power generation structure and the improvement of air pollution investment of existing power plants, and the coproduction of coalfired power plants during severe air pollution periods, air pollution will be greatly improved.
Second, the impact on electricity prices has established a mechanism to take care of people's livelihood and stabilize prices: the
Ministry of Economic Affairs will certainly consider the impact on electricity prices when setting energy policies, while adhering to the principle of "stable electricity prices, priority of people's livelihood", with relevant supporting measures to reduce the impact Take care of people's livelihood.
3. In recent years, the reserve capacity ratio is low, and the tight supply situation has been improved year by year: the
number of days in which the reserve capacity ratio is higher than 10% in 55 years is 55 days, and 281 days between 10% and 6%, and below 6%. For 29 days, there was no red light warning day, indicating that the tight supply situation has improved year by year.
4. After the nuclear power unit has been overhauled, it has not been in a state of shutdown for a long time:
Due to the failure of the arrester box after the parallel installation of the No. 2 unit of the No. 2 Plant of Nuclear No. 2 on May 16, 105, the generator jumped. The court must submit a project report to the Legislative Yuan before the resolution passed the resolution, until March 107 After completing the report to the Legislative Yuan on the 15th, it resumed operation. It was not the Ministry of Economic Affairs that allowed the unit to be in a state of shutdown for a long time.
5. Taipower has reported the maintenance and management of nuclear storage and asset recovery so far to preserve the maximum value of resale and reuse of future asset equipment.
Sixth, the nuclear four plant retains manpower to ensure the system equipment safety and availability, and the Ministry of Economic Affairs has instructed Taipower to adjust the nuclear power and technology loss. And optimize manpower configuration.
Source: Ministry of Economic Affairs R.O.C